Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Tour Begins!

       Monday, September 10, 2012 I began the Love Works: America Tour journey! It was a crazy, exciting day full of last minute preparation, but it went so well! I packed my car full of peanut butter and Bibles (thanks to all the donations of friends and churches!)...
got my trusty car ride companion...
my first tank of gas of many to come...
and headed to my first stop: Nashville, Tennessee!


       The car ride went smoothly, besides being pulled over for driving too slow, in true Tori fashion.  No worries, though, the officer was gracious and didn't give me a ticket!
        I arrived safely at the Young's home, my hosts for the week, at about 5:30.  I decided that was probably too late to head into the city, so I stayed in for the night to make sandwiches and spend quality time with Papa to get mentally and spiritually prepared for what the next day had in store. In case any of you were wondering, making 40+ PB&Js is more time consuming then you would imagine! Maybe that's just because it takes longer to make them with love:)

2 comments:

  1. Tori,
    You don't know me at all, but I know your Mom and Dad. Your Dad was a friend of mine when I was much younger at a church in Jackson, TN. I stand in awe of you as a young woman and the accomplishments you have already made. I cried as a read your post and am so very thankful for your passion and love for others. I can't wait to see what God will be doing through you as you journey through America spreading His love!
    You will be in my prayers! Mary Pipkin Myers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori,
    I could not find a link to donate on this blog. I found it via google. It might help to have a link from here.
    http://www.gofundme.com/loveworksamericatour

    ReplyDelete